My Blog List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bonnets, Hats, and Caps

I'm currently working on a post showing bonnets etc.  One of the originals is in really poor condition and taking some time to clean up without destroying details.  The caps are very interesting -more detailed and elaborate than I had imagined when reading Heyer or other Romance authors.  I enjoy doing this, it is a great stress-reliever, and I get a lot of practice with Photoshop.  Just got a new version (my previous one was 8 years old! Practically from the Stone Age!) and I'm playing with it.  Its a "student" version from England, so a bit different from American versions, I think. Anyway, its fun.  I can always use Photoshop Elements if things get too complicated for me!  I may post a few photos of "Georgian" and "Regency" jewelery: NOT owned by myself, of course.  

I do have a beautiful miniature from the Regency era, of a beautiful lady posed somewhat like the Empress Josephine.  I don't want to remove it from the frame, so it'll take a bit of work to get a good scan thru the glass.

Most of the pictures I post are in my Screensaver's folder, and my computer rotates thru them at random.

I keep meaning to post more links to Regency/Fashion/Austen sites.  One of these days!