My Blog List

Friday, December 6, 2013

Book Covers and Christmas Cards



Browsing thru Amazon's Kindle Regencys I came across this book http://www.amazon.com/Greetings-Season-Stories-Barbara-Metzger-ebook/dp/B00GA2AS54/ref=pd_sim_kstore_71, which I naturally purchased.  I thought I'd add another picture for the cover.  Can't review the book, as I haven't read it yet, but it looks promising.  I'm rather flattered that they used my image, but [tossing head]. I wish I'd got a little credit, maybe a link to my (long neglected because my daughter HOGS the scanner all the time! Also I'm writing.) Blog.

I always wanted the gorgeous fashion plates from Ackermann's, Costume Parisien, Ladies Magazine (and others) to be used as book covers, and its gratifying to see it finally being done, though sadly, not very well. At least, not as well as my efforts.



http://athousandpix.blogspot.com/2011/09/regency-christmas-card2-2011.html
http://athousandpix.blogspot.com/2011/08/regency-christmas-cards.html

1 comment:

  1. Katy hi. I came across your blog accidentally when I found this image on Pinterest. It was the one way back in 2011 I think ( your daughter had had an operation). Well I have been totally absorbed working my way forward through your posts. I am a huge Jane Austen fan from my teen days when I studied Emma for English Lit A Levels ( in UK) then after when, as an a English teacher where I get to know all her books in much more detail.
    Your images combine my great loves, Jane Austen, Regency fashion and Christmas.
    I wanted to say thank you so much for making these images available. I'm not very good on the computer although I do have a print making programme and I'm trying to do some craft work: Christmas cards, tags and ornaments and your images are a dream come true. So thank you for that.
    I also want to say how astounded I am to hear an image of yours was used without crediting you! That is such bad practice.
    Thank you again. I have a Pinterest page under Angela Sweby and my email is john.sweby@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete